Every decision has consequences, both good and bad. If you are not intentional, you will bear the brunt of poor decisions. If you are intentional, though, you will experience good results. There is no avoiding cause and effect.
One natural consequence to every decision is a tradeoff: by saying yes to something, you are saying no to something else. Every decision has an unavoidable opportunity cost.
- Saying yes to a new commitment means saying no to extra time on your favorite project.
- Saying yes to a car payment means saying no to hundreds of dollars each month.
- Saying yes to purchasing a home means saying no to the ability to move easily.
- Saying yes to a late night out with friends means saying no to sleep.
- Saying yes to doughnuts means saying no to a slim waistline.
Decisions are not made in a vacuum. Everything you do affects everything else.
What are you saying yes to? What does that mean you are saying no to?
Pingback: What is Your Financial Priority? | Leadership Vacuum()